Clinical Trainer and Curriculum Manager
Barnett International (a division of CHI)
Location: Needham, MA (or home-office)
Barnett International, a leader in clinical research training, is currently seeking self-motivated and growth-oriented candidates for the following, full-time position: CLINICAL TRAINER AND CURRICULUM MANAGER
Ideal candidates are clinical research training professionals who have a proven track record in developing and delivering interactive and engaging training programs, including pharmaceutical, medical device, biotech and biologics clinical research personnel. The Clinical Trainer and Curriculum Manager is responsible for training program delivery, as well as providing ongoing infrastructure development and maintenance of Barnett’s core curriculum. Responsibilities also include working with Barnett’s in-house training clients to create training solutions that are comprehensive and driven by adult learning principles and practices.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Deliver Barnett’s training course in areas of core subject matter expertise
- Work with General Manager to fine tune Barnett course instructional design approach
- Develop and format materials according to Barnett’s designated approach
- Work with Barnett’s General Manager and Training Solutions Specialist to develop training solutions for in-house clients; participate in sales presentations and implement project deliverables
- Work with Barnett’s contract trainer base to ensure that Barnett’s approach is consistently implemented and Barnett assets are leveraged for clients
Reports to: General Manager
Compensation plan: Base salary
Many of Barnett’s team members are off-site employees. As such, this position may be based either in Needham, MA, or from a home-office-based location.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Significant experience with training program development, preferably in the clinical research arena
- Competence in a variety of technical training environments, including live, web-based, and eLearning program delivery
- Knowledge of instructional design and the principles of training program development
- Strong communication skills and a clear understanding of client drivers and needs
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, (particularly if interested in working remotely), and motivation to learn computer applications needed for the job
- Strong time management skills and experience in prioritizing responsibilities
- Must be a self-starter who is accustomed to thinking creatively and developing ideas independently and quickly.
About Barnett International (a division of CHI)
Barnett International is a leader in cutting-edge training resources for clinical research professionals globally. Founded in 1979, Barnett International is widely recognized for its targeted and hands-on education and training programs. Full product offerings include in-depth live seminars, interactive web seminars, leading publications and eLearning and customized training for industry professionals. Through its service offerings, Barnett helps clients get the most out of their training dollars by focusing on improving organizational performance and enhancing staff knowledge through highly interactive and focused training programming. Barnett International is a division of Cambridge Healthtech Institute and is headquartered in Needham, MA. Many of Barnett’s team members are off-site employees. As such, this position may be either based in Needham, MA, or from a home-office-based location.